Tag Archives: search

How to activate Spotlight-Search for Lotus Notes content

One of the greatest thing of Mac OS is the Spotlight-Search (CMD+Leertaste) that gives me instant access to data and information on my computer.  Spotlight can also be used to search and find mails in Lotus Notes – actually even fast than the Notes search itself.  This must be activated first, though.

 

To do so click on Actions => Desktop Search when you are in your mailbox-view.

 

Actions / Desktop Search

 

On the next screen you set the checknark on “Enable idexing of local Lotus Notes databases”:

EnableIndexing

 

Now you get a warning that data indexed by Spotlight will not be under Lotus Notes security control anymore (e.g. spotlight may give you a preview of a mails content).  That’s why I leave the checkmark at  “Index encrypted fields” unchecked so encrypted mails do not show up in spotlights index.

DesktopSearchWarning

 

Using “Add…” you can also add further databases such as archives to the spotlight search.  I found it harder to find the proper email when all my archives are included, since I usually need recent emails.  Therefore I went back to only adding my mail file.  Once you hit Apply the changes are saved and soon (or later 😉 ) the first results will show up in your spotlight window.

 

SpotlightNotesMails

 

 

 

 

Manually delete the Search- / Index- /CleanUp-Taks for Connections directly in the DB2

After I had to reinstall an IBM Connections 3.0.1 system (a HDD crash destroyed the installation and of course Murphy made sure the customer did not have a working backup) I realized, that certain tasks did not run correctly anymore.  The SystemOut.log from the WebSphere Application Server showed the following error message:

 

ASYN9999E: Unexpected Exception Occurred: com.ibm.websphere.asynchbeans.SerialDeserialException: Exception while deserializing a saved service. Service=security. Unable to deserialize the Subjects in this Context, cause: Validation of LTPA token failed due to invalid keys or token type.

 

According to this support document this means that either not all fixes are installed correctly or that the search tasks in the databases are either broken or saved with wrong or non-valid LTPA tokens.  The correct way to solve this ist deleting the tasks, which can usually be done easily using the wsadmin-console (here the description in the IBM Connections Wiki).  After a restart of the applications the tasks are then recreated automatically. This is how it’s done:

 

\DMGR01\bin\wsadmin -lang jython -user wasadmin – password password

execfile(“connectionsConfig.py”)

In a cluster select “1

Scheduler.listAllTasks() – this shows all available tasks

Scheduler.clearAllTasks() – this deletes all tasks

restart Cluster to recreate all tasks

 

Unfortunately in my case the wsadmin-console kept telling me, that the corresponding application is not running and therefore the task cannot be deleted (of course the newly reinstalled applications were running).  The only way out was deleting the tasks directly in the database. Using DB2 you need to start the DB2-Control Center and access the Connections database.  The above mentioned  Scheduler.listAllTasks() shows in which component / database which task resides: Communities, Activities, Forums, Profiles, Files, Wikis, News and Search (both in the Homepage DB).  So you need to open each database and click on the left on Tables. Now you can open the needed table by double clicking it. In the now opened windows you can select the task and then click on Delete Row followed by hitting the Commit button. This deletes the tasks.

 

Entries to delete in the db2

 

The tables with the entries to delete are:

Communities:

DB: SNCOMM – COMMUNITIESSCHEDULERTASK

Activities:

DB: OPNACT – OA_SCHEDULERTASK

Forum:

DB: FORUM – DF_SCHEDULERTASK

Profiles:

DB: PEOPLEDB – PROFILES_SCHEDULERTASK

Files:

DB: FILES – SCHEDULERTASK

Wikis:

DB: WIKIS – SCHEDULERTASK

News:

DB: HOMEPAGE – NR_SCHEDULER_TASK

Search:

DB: HOMEPAGE – LOTUSCONNECTIONSTASK

Once you’re done: Restart IBM Connections and all tasks are recreated and should be running fine.

The reason in my case for this problem was that the tasks were created using the old installation of Connections.  After I had to reinstall Connections including the WebSphere Application Server the LTPA tokens were newly created and not the same as the ones saved in the DB. Therefore the tasks complained about the LTPA validity.