Last weekend IBM Connections Docs was upgraded in the cloud again and a great new feature has been added to the Spreadsheet Editor: You now are able to protect cells and assign them the certain users. This allows you to ensure that only the people responsible fill out specific areas of a chart.
The full list of changes:
- While editing community files, after clicking File > Copy, a copy will be saved within the community, not the personal files list.
- Added Area Protection function by which you can give others edit rights or read only access for a cell range or a sheet.
- Supported localized formula name for Brazil.
- Enhanced the Hyperlink formula to support both URLs and cell ranges in current sheet or another sheet.
- Added .xlsm file format support in HTML Viewer.
Last weekend IBM Docs has been upgraded in our Cloud Solution by the development team.
The following things have been changed:
- Added Apple Safari 9 and Windows 10 Microsoft Edge support
- Added the Guided Tour for new users to get an overview of Connections Docs.
- Enabled repeated table header (cross pages) support
- Now users can set border color, type, and width for table cells.
- The content editing area is enlarged and the background area is decreased.
- Enabled comments round-trip conversion for .ods and .xls files.
Connections Cloud Docs has been upgraded last weekend. The highlights are:
20 simultaneous co-editors, 50M Presentation file size support, Data validation and 3-D formula reference in Spreadsheet editor, Orphan paragraph control in Document editor
Here is the complete list of changes:
- The maximum number of co-editors in a co-editing session is increased from 10 to 20. You can share a file with as many editors as you want, but only 20 editors can co-edit the file at the same time.
- When opening a file that exceeds the file limitation, the warning message will show precise reasons, letting users know what exactly the cause is.
- In co-editing, you can hover over an editor’s underlined changes to display his or her name.
- Enabled Orphan and Widow paragraph control, where you can access from the Format > Paragraph Properties menu.
- The presentation file size limitation is increased from 30MB to 50MB.
- In .pptx files, you can set line type and line weight for shapes. You can also set line endpoints for arrows and lines.
- You can create and edit data validation.
- You can copy images form external applications and then paste into spreadsheets editor in Firefox and Internet Explorer 11.
- Enabled 3D reference formula.
- You can drag images from desktop and drop them into spreadsheets.
- The presentation file size limitation that can be viewed is increased to from 30MB to 50MB.
- The formula with 3-D reference can be correctly calculated in Viewer
This is the last update of Connections Docs in the cloud for this year. The Docs development team has done a great job in delivering a ton of new features this year. Most of them you will find in the on premise release of IBM Docs 2.0 in the very near future!
I have just been informed by the Docs development team, that they have upgraded IBM Connections Docs last week end in the cloud. Here you can find the new features in IBM Connections Docs this month:
- Auto-publishing ensures that your readers can see updates whenever you close the document tab . Auto-publish can be enabled or disabled by the File > Publish Automatically menu item. During a simultaneous group editing session, the new version is created after the last co-editor closes the document.
- You can now view watermarks in imported .docx files.
- You can now sort by multiple columns.
- On Windows，you can press Ctrl+Alt+Plus to insert rows or columns in Internet Explorer. On Mac, to insert rows or columns, you can press Ctrl+Shift+Plus in Safari and Chrome, and press Command+Shift+Plus in FireFox.
- You can import and export data validation settings for .xls and .ods files.
- You can cut, paste and autofill data validation setting to a target range.
- You can open .xlsx files that have styles beyond the 1024 columns.
- The default font position in the table is changed to the center of each cell.
- The default template background color is changed to white.
- Support vertical text for .pptx, .odp, and .ppt files on IE 11, Chrome 28, and Safari 7.
- Enabled HTML viewer of PDF documents.
- For imported .xls, .xlsx, and .ods files, the formula with 3-D reference can be correctly calculated in Viewer.
If you are using IBMs Cloud for Social Business: The Docs team has upgraded IBM Connections Docs in the cloud with the latest new functions for you to check out:
What’s new in SmartCloud August:
- Personalized cursors show who is editing the document and where they are in it.
- You can set transparency for images, shapes, and text boxes in .pptx files.
- For shapes and text boxes, you can adjust transparency in the color palette.
- For an image, click Format > Image Opacity.
- You can select three or more objects and then evenly distribute them, vertically or horizontally.