As you might now, IBM Connections Docs 2.0 allows for integration of the social document editing capabilities into virtually any 3rd party content repository – as long as it either has a REST or CMIS API.
If you are interested on seeing how this can be achieved, the IBM Docs development team documented the necessary steps for integrating Docs with Box.com document sharing solution:
Last weekend IBM Connections Docs was upgraded in the cloud again and a great new feature has been added to the Spreadsheet Editor: You now are able to protect cells and assign them the certain users. This allows you to ensure that only the people responsible fill out specific areas of a chart.
The full list of changes:
- While editing community files, after clicking File > Copy, a copy will be saved within the community, not the personal files list.
- Added Area Protection function by which you can give others edit rights or read only access for a cell range or a sheet.
- Supported localized formula name for Brazil.
- Enhanced the Hyperlink formula to support both URLs and cell ranges in current sheet or another sheet.
- Added .xlsm file format support in HTML Viewer.